Friday, March 4, 2011

Am I breathing?

Breathing.
How often do we think about breathing?
I have to confess that 95% percent of my day I forget about my breathing.
Its automatic. mindless. involuntary.
Thinking about my breathing brings my mind back from its tangents and allows me to focus on the moment.
I realize that I have everything I need right now.
God has given me my "daily bread". Thank you Lord. I am alive. I am breathing.
As I feel the air fill my lungs I realize how blessed I am.
Blessed to have people who love and rely on me.
These are gifts from above.
God has entrusted me with the care of a few of his children. WOW.
Am I caring for those relationships responsibly?
Breathing.
God has blessed me with this body.
I wonder if I am doing everything I can to take care of this temple He has given me.
Breathing.
Am I investing my talents, or burying them.
Do I let go and allow God to make of me what He wants or am I trying to live up to other's expectations?
No right now I'm simply breathing.....mindfully breathing.
My heart fills with gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment