Friday, April 15, 2011

Waking UP!


Wow! Where do I start to unravel this one? I started a blog to hear God's still voice and BAM! I am slowly coming to understand a new depth to, “Be still, and know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10. It starts with re-directing my mind from all of the business of the suburbs, work, and children, spouse; to just stopping. Just for a few minutes a day....... stop. re-direct your mind from the business and busyness of your life to be still. Be still and notice things. Pay attention to your breath, the quality of the sunlight, or lack of sun. Your body, its' pains and aches. I often watch my daughters fish swim in its tank. Know that every molecule of this world has been here for a very long time. Marvel at how unusual it is that those molecules should have come together in this manner. Come together to form a tree, or a car, or you. How in the the would did this happen? Was it circumstance? Or luck? I think not. Holy miracles are all around us, all of the time. It is hard to open your mind to them because we are so terribly concerned with the business of our lives. Beware, there are enemies to waking up. Being to busy, anxiety about the drama of your life, attachment to being accepted by others, Thinking that it is the world's fault you feel this way and that, seeking escape through thrills, poisonous relationships, alcohol, tobacco. Many, including myself, have a difficult time being comfortable in our own skin.  But why? God made us! From literal dirt he made us : carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and trace minerals. We are those elements and so much more!!!  Be still...... What a Holy miracle we all and this world are a part of.

1 comment:

  1. Your post reminds me of the encounter Elijah had with God after his success at Mt. Carmel. Elijah, despite seeing the Lord work a great victory ran in fear and hid. When God decided to speak there were a lot of distractions, but Elijah did not hear God in any of thos "big" things, but rather "a still small voice". (I Kings 19)

    ReplyDelete